Easter Monday is a public holiday throughout Australia. Schools, businesses and other organizations are closed. Many large stores and shopping centers are closed. Small stores and those selling building materials, household goods or motor vehicle parts may be open. If they are open, they may have shorter trading hours than on regular Mondays.
Animals Rock - music show 2-3, pre kindy, Kindy A & B ,,, $6 per child
Animals Rock is a Complete Entertainment Program designed especially for Little People. Animals Rock includes Fun Live Performances, Teacher Resource and Education Packages for in-class activities along with CDs to bring music to life in your classrooms, at your event or fun live experience at festivals.
The voice and creator behind Animals Rock is Australian Singer/Songwriter and former World Champion Surfer Beau Young. Inspired by his niece and nephew and his love of the natural world, Beau collaborated with some of Australia’s leading music professionals to launch a new standard in children’s entertainment.
The songs are based on individual animals from all over the world: Farm Animals, Prehistoric Animals, and even African Animals—each group with its own unique show.
Not only educational, the songs also involve children’s interaction through movement, dance and singing. From ages 2–8, children will learn about animal habitats, environments and animal characteristics while singing, dancing and having fun.
Henny Penny Chickens arrive
Children get to watch the chickens hatch from their eggs!
emmm who came first??
The Henny Penny Hatching program has been designed to provide you with an enthralling experience in a safe environment. In essence, we bring a little piece of the country to the city, making the wonder of Mother Nature accessible to all. Our friendly and experienced Henny Penny Hatching staff will deliver this eleven day incubation program to your door, then set it up for you – no mess, no fuss, just the opportunity to watch eggs hatching in a specially designed incubator, and then to observe the hatched chicks at play in a large, clear-sided brooding pen. At the end of the program, our staff will return to collect both the equipment and any chicks who have not yet found homes (we have a list of contacts for people who will be willing to adopt them at this point). If you have any questions or concerns during the running of the program, you can contact your local Henny Penny Hatching franchisee for professional, helpful advice.
We provide an easy to use package with all the equipment and resources you will need. The package includes:
- A clear, dome-shaped hatcher, which allows 360 degree viewing.
- 12 - 13 fumigated, embryo eggs which have been colour coded and set to hatch over multiple days. This maximises the potential for all participants to actually view a chick emerging.
- 3 one-day-old chicks to enjoy watching while you await the arrival of the new chicks.
- A large brooding pen with clear, Perspex sides, to allow for easy viewing. As we value the comfort and well-being of our chicks, this pen is one of the largest currently in use.
- A net to cover the brooding pen and to keep your chicks safe (this will keep the chicks in and any potential interference at bay).
- Bedding material (wood shavings) to keep your chicks comfortable.
- A commercial ‘feeder’ and a bucket of feed to ensure that your chicks don’t go hungry.
- A commercial ‘drinker’ to keep your chicks watered.
- A brooding lamp and a spare bulb to keep your fluffy friends warm (they will need this until their feathers grow).
- An informative pictorial chart which illustrates the life-cycle of a chicken.
- Access to online information and instructions.
- Access to online resources to support and complement your planning.
- 24 hour assistance.
- Public liability insurance.
The Ekka is Queensland largest annual event with recent shows drawing more than 400,000 visitors. It aims to showcase Queensland culture, produce, resources and initiatives. This is done through a range of competitions, award ceremonies, exhibits, educational displays, animal and performances. There is a sideshow alley, showbag pavilion, numerous food and beverage outlets and a range of entertainment including two nightly fireworks displays. It typically starts on a Thursday in August and continues for 10 days to close on a Saturday.